Sunday, March 05, 2006

Journeying together through Lent

Attending a baptist church right now, don't have much exposure to Lent. It was last wednesday I noticed that some of my co-workers had Ash Crosses on their forehead. So I searched it up on Wikipedia. And as I continued to search, I came across some pretty good material on Lent on the Mars Hill website http://www.mhbcmi.org/findex.html
downloaded the Lent book and follow them in their sermon series http://www.mhbcmi.org/listen/index.php. The lent book allows one to follow the sermons but also follow with daily bible passages to reflect upon.

Some random things that hit me as I was listening:
Lent - A time to hope for yourself and your world that God WILL transform everything, that He will make things right again.
-a time to be sharing stories, reminders of Hope
- a seson for anticipation - celebration of new life, new
beginning, death conquored.
- a seaon of restoration
Prayer and asking
- how do I enter into this season?
- areas in my life that need restoration
- for an increase in a sense of mystery, tragedy and hope
- praise for Christ's power over death
The initial readings for the week help us focus on two major aspects of Lent:
being aware of our condition and confessing, both individually and TOGETHER.
One big reminder was that it is a good idea to go through it with others, so if you are interested in joining me in this Lent season check it out.

I'm on a rough rotation for the next 3 weeks, but I hope to blog about this journey through Lent.

In Him
Ames

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home